May 1, 2019
Top 10 Reasons Why Dental Implants Are a Smart InvestmentDental Implants are the latest innovation in the replacement of missing teeth. You are probably familiar with traditional full dentures, which is the most common restoration used for patients missing all or most of their natural teeth. The image of dentures soaking in a cup of water each night is a common one, but it doesn’t have to be like that. Here are ten reasons that prove that tooth replacement doesn’t have to be uncomfortable or inconvenient. If you are interested in seeing if Dental Implants are the best option for you, give us at Golden Smiles Dental in Rancho Cucamonga, CA a call (909) 481-8990 to book your appointment today.
- Boost your look Dental implants can dramatically improve your appearance by offering a more natural and attractive looking option than removable dentures. What is amazing is that they look and feel just like your natural teeth! Even better, the implants will fuse to the jawbone, so that they are just as permanent as your natural teeth. Worries about slippage, or irritating the gums are gone!
- Improve your confidence Traditional removable dentures can become loose and rock causing embarrassment and difficulty speaking and eating. With dental implants you can enjoy food, chat as much as you’d like, and do all your normal regular activities with confidence and without any sort of fear of embarrassment.
- Experience greater comfort and convenience Removable dentures can cause sore spots by rubbing on the gum beneath them. This is not the case for dental implants. Dental implant supported prostheses do not rub because they are fixed into the jaw, and there is no risk of slippage. Removable dentures must be removed at night and cleaned, and they may need messy adhesives, unlike dental implants which can be brushed like natural teeth, and need no application of adhesives
- Dental implants are durable Dental implants have a high rate of success and are much more durable than dentures. They can last years, or even decades with the right care. If kept clean and well-maintained, they can last a lifetime – just like natural teeth.
- You can improve your ability to eat the foods you used to love Removable dentures slide around, clicking when speaking and slipping when speaking. This can cause once pleasurable activities overly complicated and cause extreme unhappiness. The ability to chew foods improves dramatically when someone has dental implants. Removable dentures are only 20-25% as efficient as natural teeth, whereas dental implants are 80% as efficient as your natural teeth.
- Improve the taste of your foods When you are fitted with a full upper removable denture it covers the roof of the mouth, which makes food more difficult to taste and to enjoy. However, a implant supported prosthesis allow you to enjoy the full flavor and texture of your food without compromise.
- Improve your health and nutrition Food forms the foundation of health, and having an impaired ability to chew and enjoy food, can damage your health. Because you are unable to eat as many foods your health can be severely impacted. Traditional removable dentures can prevent you from eating certain foods, which are required to have a healthy and varied nutrient-filled diet. Chewy, crunchy foods, like vegetables and fruits can become very difficult to eat with a removable dentures. Dental implants make eating them about as easy as with natural teeth.
- You can regain your natural speaking ability Removable dental prosthesis can impede your ability to speak clearly and effectively, negatively impacting all aspects of your life. This can dramatically impact your quality of life in almost every area. A dental implant can help you speak clearly without difficulty and any slippage or popping.
- Lower the chance of losing your dental prostheses Because a dental implant cannot be removed you never even have to worry about losing it. Traditional dentures can become misplaced or lost very easily. You never have to worry about going without the ability to chew or speak clearly and effectively.
- Strengthen the Jaw Bone Your jaw bone will grow around the implants, preserving your natural jaw shape. When a tooth is absent from the jaw the jaw bone will degrade, dramatically altering your natural face. You can keep your natural smile, your natural face – something that removable dentures cannot do for you.